Are you a champion of fairness and equity in education, and passionate about creating opportunities and breaking down barriers for Black, Indigenous and other People of Colour (BIPOC) students from low-income families?
Integral to TAYFFI’s mission is the provision of tailored support for Black, Indigenous and other People of Colour (BIPOC) students particularly those from financially disadvantaged families towards ensuring they get the most out of their education and learning experience.
We strive to create an environment where every newcomer and BIPOC student can thrive, regardless of their background or circumstances so we offer a range of services such as scholarship, mentorship, tutoring and resources to empower these students and help them realize their full potential.
Truly Alive Youth and Family Foundation actively seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our steering committee to drive the mission of scholarship fairness for TAYFFI’s Expand Your Horizon scholarship award program designed to provide equitable support for BIPOC Students. Your expertise and vision can make a significant impact on the lives of aspiring scholars.
As a steering committee member, you will lead the charge in promoting intentional inclusion, equity, and fairness in our scholarship program, working with us to ensure that those who often face financial hardships and systemic challenges have an equal opportunity to access higher education.
We believe in the transformative power of education, and we want to ensure that no deserving BIPOC students from low-income households are left behind.
If you are committed to making a tangible difference in the lives of those students and are driven by the ideas of inclusion and fairness, we invite you to join our committee, together, we can reshape the future for these individuals, providing them with the support and opportunities they need to thrive and succeed.
- Professional Background: Experience in post-secondary scholarship award selection or community initiatives fund adjudication.
- Adequately Informed: Have knowledge of unique needs/barriers to academic upskilling faced by BIPOC Students.
- Expertise in education: members should possess relevant expertise in education, scholarship administration or related fields, ensuring they can contribute valuable insights and guidance.
- Alignment with program values: A demonstrated alignment with the scholarship program’s values, mission, and goals, particularly those related to inclusion, diversity, equity, and fairness.
- Strong Ethical foundation: High ethical standards and integrity, with a commitment to fairness, transparency, and impartiality in all committee decisions and actions.
- Availability: The availability to attend committee meetings and dedicate time to support the scholarship administration and success.
To learn more or submit an expression of interest, please contact us at email@example.com
The Expand Your Horizon Scholarship program of Truly Alive Youth and Family Foundation Inc is proudly supported by:
Affinity Credit Union
Canadian Association of Nigerian Physicians and Dentists (CANPAD)
Individual Donors locally in Saskatoon